mrbookwonder

Leigh Bardugo
Slammed (Slammed, #1)
Colleen Hoover

Carrier of the Mark

Carrier of the Mark - Leigh Fallon Being a huge fan of elemental magic, Carrier of the Mark won my heart. It may not be obvious in the premise but little by little Carrier of the Mark sank into me. It was a totally engrossing read and never did I think that I’ll finish it in one sitting.

I totally loved Fallon’s fresh idea of elemental magic. She even combined it with Irish mythology that really set the world of Carrier of the Mark apart from other paranormal books. Though in the beginning, elemental magic remained a mystery, Fallon gradually threw the needed answers every turn of page. There weren’t any dull moments in this book. Everything was detailed and captivating. Fallon really knew how to draw a reader’s attention.

Fallon also captivated me with her style of writing. It wasn’t flowery but smooth and quick. Even as a debut author, she didn’t show simplicity when it comes to twists and turns because every once in a while there were moments that were unpredictable and left me thinking.

Almost all the characters in the story left a mark in me. I admired Megan’s character for showing developments in terms of being strong and fearless. She willed herself to protect her love for Adam from anything that could go their way. The other characters as well like Adam, Áine, and Rían also were likable. I liked how Fallon gave them elemental powers that really suited their attitudes.

Brace yourself for Carrier of the Mark. Leigh Fallon gave me an enchanting story yet so mysterious which slowly unfolds with every turn of page. Thus, this magical, romantic page-turner left me breathless for wanting more of this compelling, ambitious story.
Visit Mr. Book Wonder for more book reviews, interviews, and giveaways.