mrbookwonder

Leigh Bardugo
Slammed (Slammed, #1)
Colleen Hoover

Remembrance

Remembrance - Michelle Madow This book caught me by surprise! Not only that it’s inspiration was from Taylor Swift’s Love Story music video but it was indeed enchanting though the beginning had a slow start. Leastwise, it didn’t fail me. Up until now, the scenes were still fresh in my mind. I was really engrossed and just wanted to finish it.

Remembrance was quick and easy to love yet compelling. Madow wrote words that were simple yet full of real emotions thus bringing out an understandable story of love, passion, and magic. I loved the idea of incorporating Pride and Prejudice, and adding some historical facts too. It truly blended with the theme of reincarnation. Madow did make a great effort of researching about reincarnation and past lives. The blend of the parallel universe of past and present were perfectly paced.

I loved the characters in the story. I truly felt Lizzie’s emotions and not to the extent of overmuch. Her voice was natural and pleasing without flowery speech. Her flashbacks were vividly written free from ruining the past and present. Drew was almost a perfect male lead, handsome, charming, smart, and rich. He tended to be arrogant to protect Lizzie from the worst thing of the past that gave way to their returning to another life. The connection between Lizzie and Drew were so magical. Their love for each other were surreal and beautiful. I believe that you can’t just ignore your feelings towards the one you truly love because it is much harder and painful in the end.

The supporting characters as well were great components to the story. They were almost life-like and flawed. Madow did balance the characters both as best friends and enemies. She made Chelsea and Jeremy illusions of the past, perhaps they have their own past lives and I can’t wait to find out. I can’t wait for more of the Transcend Time Saga.

Remembrance is a one of a kind fairy tale with a fuse of the contradicting destiny. It will truly leave you believing in true love and second chances. If you believe in fairy tales, Remembrance is for you. If you believe in reincarnation, Remembrance is for you. If you believe that love could transcend time, Remembrance is definitely for you. A highly recommended debut love story.

Check out Mr. Book Wonder for more of reviews.